- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Shooting Star is a gorgeous magnetic Cat Eye dip powder that is a blue/gray color. You can dip this color, chrome it and use a magnet with gel top to make a design on your nail.
Dip liquids can be used instead of gel liquids to achieve the "cat eye" effect, however, you must work fast as dip liquids dry fast. To do this technique with dip liquids, follow these instructions:
1. Dip as normal for the first coat. Activate if you will be buffing the nail (This is the time you will buff or clean up your dip if need be. Once your second dip goes on, you will not be able to do this.
2. Immediately after dipping the second coat, (using a disposable or other brush) get your nail wet with the dip top (in order for the magnet to work and move the magnetic particles, your dip must be wet).
3. Add your activator and quickly "set" your magnet for your desired look. Once you activate, your nail will begin to dry. Because the top coat needs activator to dry, at this point (assuming you have the desired look) do your quick stroke of top coat on your nail and follow up with your second full coat.
If you do not get the look you want before adding top coat, buff and go back to step 2 and repeat these steps.
How to use Gel Liquids with Cat Eye Powders
1. Add your Gel Base and immediately lay into any base powder and cure according to your Gel instructions.
2. Add a Gel No Wipe Top Coat and lay into the Cat Eye Powder. Using a disposable brush, float the brush over the nail to wet the nail with more dip top.
3. Place magnet over nail to get the desired effect and immediately cure your nail according to your Gel instructions.
4. Finish nail with an additional Gel Top Coat and cure.
5. You can mix your Cat Eye Powder with your Gel Top in lieu of Step 2. This will enable your Cat Eye Powder to be brushed directly onto your nail.
If you do not use a separate brush during this process and if you are not careful (wiping your brush off before going back into the bottles) you risk hardening your brush or getting powder on your brush and contaminating your liquids. I highly suggest using disposable brushes for this process.
All main line Dip powders are sold by weight. Because of this, the amount of powder in the jar may vary depending on powder weight.
An exception to this rule includes Sub Colors, which are sold by 1/4 oz. jars filled to the top. Settling will occur during shipment.
Due to the nature of these products, we do not offer refunds.
Should you have any issues or concerns with our products, please reach out to us using the chat feature on this websute and we will do our best to rectify the issue.