- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Exposure to extreme temperatures may affect the quality of dip liquids. All bottles are checked before shipping. Should you receive your liquids cold, let them warm up before trying to use them.
Using these dipping liquids, you will be able to create the mani of your dreams! Our liquids are slower drying (Dip Base) to enable you to have enough time to dip, and have a fast drying ultimate shine Top Coat! We also have a one time limited supply of Dry Fast Base as well.
Step 1: Prep/Bond - This is used prior to dipping to dehydrate your nails
Step 2: Dip Base - The "glue" that holds the powder to your nails
Step 3: Activator - Hardens the powder and is necessary for the Dip Top to dry
Step 4: Dip Top - Finishes off your mani with a high gloss shine
Step 5: Brush Saver - Used to clean your brushes from any debris or product.
Double Dipp'd Dip Liquids Instructions:
- Clean and sanitize your hands
- Lightly buff the surface of your nails (this will help the dip to not peel)
- Push back your cuticles
- Apply Step 1 (Prep/Bond) to the entire nail (do all nails)
- Using Step 2 (Dip Base) apply a thin coat on your nail, but do not get it on your cuticle area (this will cause lifting)
- Quickly Dip your finger into the powder on a slight angle (or lay your finger in for foils or chunky glitters).
- If you have any powder on your cuticle area, now is the time to gently use a wooden stick, toothpick or dotting tool to remove the powder from the cuticle area.
- After about 10-15 seconds, lightly brush the nail surfaces with the dusting brush.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until you have the desired coverage. (2 dips is usually sufficient but some prefer more to avoid cracking. Keep in mind, the more dips you do, the darker your shade may become.)
- Apply Step 3 (Activator) to all 5 nails. (Be generous with the activator. It will harden the powder)
- When Dry (almost instantaneously) lightly shape and buff your nails to the desired shape and to remove any imperfections.
- Reapply Step 3 (Activator) to all nails and let dry 30 seconds to a minute. If you wait too long, the top coat will not dry.
- Apply a quick thin coat of Step 4 (Dip Top) to all 5 nails (2 quick thin swipes is all you need).
- Go back immediately and apply a full thin coat of Step 4 (Dip Top) and make sure to get all areas including capping the edge.
- Drying time is less than 2 minutes. You are done! Do the other hand!
NOTE: You may want to dip your first layer in clear dip powder and top your mani with a layer of clear dip powder. This will add 2 layers of thickness without darkening your color.
If you file off too much powder after your first activator, or you have spots you missed, you can go back and dip again, just add Step 2 (Dip Base) and dip then activate again before finishing up with steps 14 and 15.
I highly recommend lightly wiping the brush each time you touch a nail, on a paper towel, before putting the brushes back in the bottles to avoid cross contamination of the liquids. Though it is unlikely to happen, if your brush should become hardened, place it in the Brush Saver to soften it.
Patience is the key to a successful mani!
NOTE: If using the Matte Dip Top, follow the same instructions above, except the first coat needs to dry longer, then the same with the second coat. (Instructions are on the bottle)
For the fastest removal, you will need the following:
- Bowl large enough for your hand
- 100% Acetone
- Ziplock type baggie quart or gallon size
- Paper Towel
- Hot water
Coconut oil is recommended but not necessary
- Heat 1-2 cups of water in your bowl to a temperature that your hand will tolerate.
- Add the paper towel to your baggie and pour in approx. 1/4 cup of the Acetone. (If you have coconut oil, you can add about 5 drops to the baggie to help moisten your hand once it is soaked in the acetone).
- Put your hand in the baggie and put the baggie into the bowl of hot water.
- Seal the baggie around your hand and rub each of your nails on the acetone soaked paper towel until the dip powder comes off. (This process should take no more than 5-10 minutes per hand).
Helpful information while using the Double Dipp'd dipping liquids:
- Wipe your brush gently on a paper towel after each swipe on your nail to prevent cross contamination of your liquids
- Do not pull at or try to separate the brush bristles should they become hardened. Always use your Brush Saver to avoid damaging the brush.
- Always use thin even strokes with your Dip Base and Dip Top to avoid flooding your cuticle area and to keep your powder from "bulking up".
Due to the nature of these liquids (being a "glue" based system), some may experience a reaction to the slight odor and may not be able to use them. This varies with everyone. If you experience any discomfort, rash or any respiratory symptoms, it's always best to consult with your physician. Wearing a respirator mask may lessen these symptoms and make it comfortable for dipping.
Returns/Refunds cannot be honored for any dip liquids, gel liquids or powders.
Prep/Bond - Ethyl Aetate
Dip Base - Ethyl-2-Cyanoacrylate and Polymethyl Methacrylate
Activator - Ethyl Acetate, N, N-dihydroxyethyl-m-toluidine
Dip Top - Ethyl-2-Cyanoacrylate and Polymethyl Methacrylate
Brush Saver - Nitroethane
Fast Dry Dip Base - Ethyl-2-Cyanoacrylate and Polymethyl Methacrylate
Matte Dip Top - Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer
All main line Dip powders are sold by weight. Because of this, the amount of powder in the jar may vary depending on powder weight.
An exception to this rule includes Sub Colors, which are sold by 1/4 oz. jars filled to the top. Settling will occur during shipment.
Due to the nature of these products, we do not offer refunds.
Should you have any issues or concerns with our products, please reach out to us using the chat feature on this websute and we will do our best to rectify the issue.