Double Dipp'd Gel Liquids
Double Dipp'd Gel liquids have arrived! A Gel Base, Gel No Wipe Top Coat and Gel no wipe Matte Top Coat have been added! To purchase, please visit the “Shop” Tab!
Gel liquids need to be kept in a cool, dark place. Exposure to light will harden the gel.
Instructions for dipping using the Double Dipp'd Gel Liquids:
1. Prep and cleanse your nails and push back cuticles
2. Using thin strokes, apply your Gel Base
3. Pour the powder over your nail or lay finger onto the powder
4. Clean around cuticles and then cure
5. Brush off excess powder and repeat until desired coverage
6. You can now buff or file to shape
7. Apply a thin coat of the No Wipe Top Coat (glossy or matte) and cure
8. Apply another thin coat of Top coat (glossy or matte depending on the look you seek to achieve), cap the edge and cure
Using Double Dipp'd Gel liquids for finishing powders ("chroming")
1. Apply a thin coat of Base Coat
2. Flash cure (approx. 10-15 seconds) Time depends on your lamp and requires trial and error
3. Apply your powder with an applicator or finger and rub in until you have achieved the desired coverage
4. Brush off any excess powder, then cure
5. Apply No Wipe Top Coat (cap the edge) and cure (you can do 2 coats if you like, but only cap the edge of the final coat.
For the fastest removal, you will need the following:
- Bowl large enough for your hand
- 100% Acetone
- Ziplock type baggie quart or gallon size
- Paper Towel
- Hot water
- Nail File
- Coconut oil is recommended but not necessary
- With your nail file, file off the top coat of your gel to break the seal and allow the acetone to soak off your mani.
- Heat 1-2 cups of water in your bowl to a temperature that your hand will tolerate.
- Add the paper towel to your baggie and pour in approx. 1/4 cup of the Acetone. (If you have coconut oil, you can add about 5 drops to the baggie to help moisten your hand once it is soaked in the acetone).
- Put your hand in the baggie and put the baggie into the bowl of hot water.
- Seal the baggie around your hand and rub each of your nails on the acetone soaked paper towel until the dip powder comes off. (This process should take no more than 5-10 minutes per hand).